YOU’VE GOT QUESTIONS - I’VE GOT ANSWERS
I know that choosing a physiotherapist and alternative practitioner can be a bit overwhelming. I want to assure you that you’ve chosen well. Below you’ll find answers to some of my existing and potential clients’ frequently asked questions. I’ve been able to cover quite a few topics, but if there’s something I haven’t touched on, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
WHAT CONDITIONS & POPULATIONS THAT ECLECTIC. MAY ASSESS OR TREAT?
- Sprains, Strains, Muscle Contusions, Fractures (cleared by MD's),and other orthopedic conditions; Hyperacute & Acute, Repetitive & Overuse Strains, Tendinitis, etc.
- Low Back Pain - mechanical and neurologic conditions
-Arthritis - mostly osteoarthritis; inc. Fibromyalgia
Postural Improvement: Scoliosis (lateral curvature, mild to moderate); Kyphosis (hunched); Lordosis (increased arching of the spine).
Cervicogenic Headaches & TMJ
Prevention of further strains or dysfunctions arising from (severe) postural issues, injuries or certain medical conditions.
- Athletes for Sports Rehab
- Performing Arts / Musicians
- Age groups mostly but not limited to Adults, Children over 7 y/o & Retirees.
- Post Op using Standard & Individualized Protocols
See SERVICES under MORE section for more information.
WHAT ARE THE CONDITIONS OR POPULATIONS ECLECTIC. MAY NOT ASSESS OR TREAT?
- Acute Concussions
- Vestibular Rehab except for BPPV
- Internal Pelvic Physiotherapy
- Manipulation of the Spine
- Neurological Conditions that require immediate neuro rehab such as acute/subacute stroke, MS, Parkinson's Disease to return to function and ambulation.
- Cardiopulmonary Rehab
- Infants, toddlers and the centenary population not cleared by MD to undergo rehab
- Enuresis; Plagiocephaly or skull aesthetic improvement; Fertility Treatment; Blount's disease in teenagers; Organic causes of muskuloskeletal pain without the need for functional therapy.
- Stress, Anxiety, Cognition, etc.
- Improve physical appearance and obesity through personal training program
Unsure? Book a 15 min consult.
DO YOU ACCEPT MVA & WSIB?
DO YOU HAVE PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS?
Eclectic. offers physiotherapy discounts to seniors and students who do not work and those on long term disability (LTD's). These population should either do not have private insurance coverages or very limited one if ever.
Eclectic. also offers manual osteopathy at a lower rate for those who do not fall in the above category - adults without EHC insurances and non-unionized contractors who are both unemployed. We will work with you to arrange a payment plan if special circumstances prevent you from making a full payment. A request form has to be filled-out for approval.
We understand that clients prefer to not to pay out-of-pocket if INS only pays a certain amount that is less than our regular fee. The only way we could help is offering treatment times that are 15, 30 & 45 mins ($45, $65 & $85).
We offer discounts on a situational basis and copayments are still paid with the discounted rate if applicable. Rest-assure that each patient is receiving a quality treatment.
DO YOU OFFER HOME PHYSIOTHERAPY?
Yes, it is currently offered but through referrals only. A $50 travel time and other miscellaneous fees is added on the regular fee.
DO YOU DO DIRECT BILLING?
YES. Eclectic. offers direct billing for TelUs (including Claim Secure), Greenshield and Blue Cross.
CAN I GET A SAME-DAY APPOINTMENT?
Eclectic. is open only on Wednesdays, and Saturdays at 3-8 pm and Sundays. The best way is to call or e-mail to reserve a spot.
WILL MY INSURANCE COVER MY VISIT?
Physiotherapy is covered by major insurance companies. You will be reimbursed according to the terms & conditions of your insurance policy. Currently, the manual osteopathy service is only out-of-pocket. Eclectic. as usual issues receipt for each service rendered.